Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fashion Week - Pavillion - nothing fancy - no pictures - speedy typing

So like its Malaysia International Fashion Week again but this time is different cos I didn't get called by the agency to sashay down the runway (or rumour has it a flight of stairs; its held in Pavillion this year and the models would be strutting down stairs). Of course I expected to be called, I did MIF-W ever since I started this career! So naturally when I didn't get the call i was a bit mentally and emotionally agitated and questioned myself 'why?'

But I got a call from a designer, Fie his name, a designer from Singapore ( I sound like Yoda?), he asked me if I would walk down the catwalk in his outfits along side Tengku Azura. I was shocked, being put on a pedestal alongside my idol is a big honour. I humbly except his offer and we arrange for a fitting session and showed me drafts of his design and the material. This was really different as usually when you get booked by the agency you just have a mass fitting session where u wear anything you get, no one has time to discuss with you about how you would be the best person to pull it off. I really like his draft design...all black, lace, jacket, pants, killler shoes, very strong look.

So there I was assured that eventhough I wouldn't be part of the agency models, my presence would be felt there as an invited model. Yeay I get to go to Mifa afterall!

Then around the same period of time another designer...my ex student who is still in his final year told me that he would be showcasing his designs and mind you not in the student category! He is doing mens wear and he told me he would give me invites to watch his show. I was so excited that I would get to see his creations, afterall which teacher wouldn't? Well I may not have thought him fashion but I believe I did have a hand in some way or rather during his first year (or I hope to?hahaha) after all i did teach Creative Studies!

So yesterday we arranged to meet at his workshop (where they were busy doing pricing) to collect the tickets. He suddenly asked me if I would rather be on stage then watch. I was like "Er....anything" the lack of enthusiasm is not cos I was not interested. I was caught by surprise and I had been planning on what to wear to the show all this week! And this was menswear! "please jay, can u try this on, i wana see how it looks on you, its not really manly stuff, its like can be men or women, i thought of showing that" and it appears that he would be using celebrities at the end...Im like yeay! but Im not a celebrity! But them on anyway and they look jes great! Simply fabulously androgenous outfits. So like you can buy it as a gift for you man and you could wear it too! haha. oh btw...his stage name is MadMub which translates to AhMad Mubaraq! Geez i thought it was cos he was Mad like the Mad hatter!

I thought it was just that but now I have another show which would be my first show tommorow. Not to sure what or whose garment Im wearing but the stylist is the talented ever young cutie Cris Yong. He told me the call time is 5am! "What? 5am? how many shows?" then he replied.."Ok 6am then, the make up very drama la". It's gona be awesome I'm sure! All I need to do now is find my camera charger! DAMITTTTTTTT

7 comments:

oc said...

good luck!

hoydenmel said...

woohoo!! awesome stuff!

Manisha JM said...

super excitinggggg

Jaishana Logan said...

Hey guess what I managed to borrow a camera from Steph! so I will post up pics soon.

hi Manisha =)

Manisha JM said...

hehehe..hi!!

just read your latest post, i definitely feel you... hopefully our 'parents' will snap out of it before its too late. tc

Hedrick said...

i just nak tanya - wtf was bernard chandran thinking with that incorrigible chicken dress he paraded in mifw 2009??!! bole lagi bag award..... it beggars both belief and logic altogether

Jaishana Logan said...

Manisha> Sorry for the late reply. just saw this. I doubt they gona snap out of it. Hopefully the next generation of 'parents' will have the right mind.

Hedrick> haha...arent u overdosing on my posts for today? LOL
Which is the chicken dress? got a link or something? Sorry to say but alot of time I really do get that same expression as you!