Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blogging from Kedah - Thank You All - Still Wedding Mood

Today is the first day I blog as Mrs. Sujendran. The first day I blog from Sungai Petani, Kedah while my husband lays asleep beside me at 3.30pm on a Wednesday. We are here for about a week. We are not on our honeymoon but you could say its a honeymoon week as we have been off work for quite a while now and spend most of the time in bed, eating, making our honeymoon plans and sleeping.

Ever since the wedding Ive been calling around to thank friends and relatives for all their help during which one of my Aunts told me laughingly "Yeah enjoy yourself, this is your luxury time, you're not expected to do anything, the next time you go back it wont be like that! hahaha" But hey I've been doing the dishes at least! But jokes aside I'm lucky to have such loving, caring n thoughtful in-laws.

At the moment, I'm just lying on my belly typing while waiting for the clock to strike 4.30 so I can wake up my hubby and we can go visiting. Its customary for a newly wed couple to visit their relatives, so while we are here we plan to visit as many relatives as we can as we aren't sure when next time would permit us.

I'm not sure how I feel yet about getting married. Of course I'm happy to have found my soul mate but it still feels like a weekend gateway. I'm pretty sure how my family feels tho. My brother Amit who will be going back to Ukraine very (too) soon has been on the phone with me several times since we left for SP. Mom tells me she accidentally calls my name thinking I'm still at home. Dad sounds mellow tho he tries his best to sound up beat and I can't forget my younger brother Ian's short impromptu speech during the wedding dinner about how I've been like a mom to him. He's been saying he want's to get a puppy to replace me! hehe

Speaking of the wedding dinner, my hubby n me gave the most unconventional wedding speech! It was like watching a bad stand up comedy but Im glad Amit n Cris think it was very 'real'. hehe. But what i feel badly about is that it slipped my mind (at that particular time) to thank :

1. Felix Tan & A1 Tailor(jln alor) : for the kind gesture & gorgeous dress - without you I would have been walking down there naked(ok ok not stark naked but you get the picture)

2. Jerra - for the custom made dinner card! - omg! without you there wouldnt have been that perfect card i was looking for.

3. Atie - for the moving picture show (since we didnt want to call it slide show or slide presentation =p) I know your hard work and sleepless nights to make the presentation nothing short then perfect. Don't feel too bad about the technical glitch on that day cos it was great anyway!

4. Leena - for lotsa things but most importantly for finding me the Instrumental Version of Bittersweet Symphony. You made that moment everything ive ever dreamt it to be.

5. Afiq - for the wonderful speech and also being the surau n buka puasa guide

6. Fizah - for being there at the rehersal and of course being the surau n buka puasa guide

7. Bulma - for being there despite your busy schedule and doing what you could

8. Raj annae - for letting us use your beautiful house to get ready and be as accomodating as you could as well as sit thru the planning stages if the dinner and delivering a speech despite having so much on your mind.

9. Ashley annae - for driving us to the hall, playing bartender for the night and telling me I look beautiful when I started fretting and worrying if my dress was showing too much skin. You really calmed my nerves!

10. Mole akka n Sulo mamee - for the simple yet elegant deco of the bridal car on such short notice!

11. Niths, Thanama n Poe - for hunting for a mukuthi(nose stud) for me. Twice!

12. Baby akka - for retouching my mehendi b4 th wedding

13. Shaliny - for food arrangements throughtout the various pre wedding ceremonies, booking comfortable rooms at crazyliy amazing prices for my in laws and retaouching my mehendi despite being heavily pregnant!

14. Jayama - for your knowledge of the Indian culture and Hindu religion. In other words thanks for being our very own mini priest!

15. Vinesh annae - for coordinating the dinner

16. Varun & Ian - for being my favourite hosts! oh and for looking as sharpp as can be!

17. Vasdave brothers - for acting as bartenders for the night and for always being there for us. and to Navin for the unconventional yet insightful speech.

18. Kanna - for scanning the ol skool pictures

19. Andy - for the LOVELY LOVELY wedding pictures. Its still the talk about town y'know hehe.

20. Amit - for doing so much running around and sitting patiently thru all the carzyness tho I know how impatient you can be haha.

21Sujen - for bringing me a wonderful new family that I'm genuinely happy to be part of.

22 My Inlaws - for being understanding and caring and excepting and going the extra mile to make everything perfect.

23. ALL My Family and Friends that have been involved in planning this memorable occasion.

Last but not least I would like to thank My Mom n Pops for going thru hell to bring me a taste of heaven. Its funny how words are lost to the people I want to thank the most. I guess the closes I could describe how much I appeciate this two people is thru a big long hug and an I Love You, I Will Always be Your Baby.


It's 4.35 now, time to wake up the Mr. and go visiting. I shall update some pictures later.

Still in wedding mood ~lalalalalala~

6 comments:

Nlndr said...

thanks for making me part of this wonderful journey babe! god bless you both with loads of happiness. *hugs*

Jaishana Logan said...

aww dont mention it babe n thanks for the wishes

atie said...

aahhhh..you are welcome. i send the bill to you shortly. :P

Malkor said...

Thank you for the compliment :) It was my pleasure photographing you two.

Phynaz said...

hi jay, are you from sungai petani? hehe sorry i get excited when i know people from my hometown. found your blog from hanis by the way.

love your wedding photos :) take care

Jaishana Logan said...

Phynaz> My husband is from Sungai Petani =)
Thank you..its all Malkors work