Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Cenfad Icon Show

So last weekend was a crazy long weekend for me. And part of the crazy weekend was the Cenfad Icon Show. I was to walk for Vicky (thats all I know her as - Vicky from Korea) Vicky had booked me months ago through her friend Michelle who just graduated as well. Lets fast forward few days shall we.....

The Fitting Session:
I was at work in Taman Maluri and Vicky tells me that Cenfad (before this Ive been thinking she said Stamford! Till I read it in the sms that is) is behind Nikko Hotel and I have to look for Jalan Stonor(named after some pot head?) So there I go driving up and down and eventually she tells me that its actually Jalan Kia Peng which is also connected to Jalan Stonor.... and I had been passing that place god many times =| hehe its ok Vicky I suck at roads too. Totally feel ya gurl. Well the good news is Im still early! And the fitting was over in a jiffy. Only problem was the dress was wee to tight and a bit short. But my designer says its ok. So if the designer is kewl that it must be kewl


Pre Show:
We (Vicky's models) have to do our own hair and make up. She told me the call time is supposed to be at 2pm but I say I can only make it at 5pm. So Im back from Klang by 4pm and start the fight with the hair dryer and hairbrush and move on to the ultimate fight with the fake lashes and the lash glue... of course I win at the end! hehe.

In Cenfad:
I walk in to the backstage...."Hi JAAAY!" I get a hug and air kisses. "HI!" I say but quite lost as to who she is. So familiar....Oh wait its that new model from aizat.cinta.goddess page! Elena!TAlk Talk talk socialize socialize. Vicky decides my hair would be better bunned up instead of straight down since its evening wear. Her lecturer is going to do it for me. I walk into the room and a familiar face! Its Aunty!I stand right in front of him with my hands on my hips...

"Hey! HI!"he says.

"And how are you!?"

"Im looking fabulous!"(big laugh, head flip back)

"yeap u sure are"

"Im 60 you know"

"Well you dont look it!"

He is such an animated guy. A character indeed. While he does my hair......

"Oh so much baby hair! You know what they say? People with a lot of baby hair very passionate about things, especially in bed"

---------long silence----------

"Why you so quiet? Dah takut ke?"

"Well actually no...Im just thinking about it...if Im passionate....Hmmm...u just said that cos in Malay babay hair is called rambut gatal! Haha I know! Right?right?"

Big Laughter in agreement.


So well Amber Chia was also there but the picture didnt really turn out...maybe I'll try muckin around with it a bit and see if I can post it. But anyhow I had a lot of fun. One outfit, One power walk, Some pictures, Got paid, FINISHO!



All the pictures I have is courtesy of Elisha whom I happen to have met on Facebook just few days before the show! What a coincidence!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing in the photos! hehe.
You work in Taman Maluri? Where? I live there!! haha.
And Aunty is damn funny la.

as clara is said...

Awesome that you're booking jobs :) Yay! Do models in Malaysia really have to be evilly skinny?

Jaishana Logan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaishana Logan said...

nissa;really? jln Mahkota. But I wont be around that much cos now d plan is to go all out casting n stuff. The office is my dads place. So I will come by when they need me =D. Btw...U shud meet 'Aunty' very XPLICIT! hahaha

as clara is; Well....I dont look evil skinny right? But its better if u are...Best if u are 5'9 and have hip size of 34....meanin u shud be weighing less then 50 kg at that height. But some designers, like those who design evening gowns and all prefer models with bit more curves so as to bring out the beauty of their dress. But Comparatively there is less pressure. But the skinny ones seem to be doing better anyways...

junkie said...

jay! did some doodles over the weekend - you might get a kick out of this: junkie munkie!

fie the elf said...

lol @ rambut gatal

as clara is said...

No Jay, you don't look evil skinny yet. Hope the weekend's treating you well :)

Jan Boey said...

Hey Jay! You look stunning on the runway! and I never knew you had a blog heh

Xiao Xiao said...

Hmmm... nice looking struts.... Enjoy ur weekends...

Please donate to Sichuan earthquake victims via Mercy Malaysia....

Anonymous said...

Jay, I have been reading it for while, just wanna say that you are one of my MDG favourite :) I went to the grand finale in One Utama and you looked stunning. Felt disappointed at the result though. nyway, happy to see that you write blogs and update us your latest news. Do update more. I believe that you will do well in the industry. All the best to you :)

junkie said...

jay, something for you here, hope you like it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay!

Wow you are so amazingly beautiful. I was rooting for you through MDG, but what has impressed and inspired me more is the fact that you have been doing plenty of good work even before MDG!

Haha I know it sounds really dumb and cliched but it's really inspiring to see an Indian looking Indian woman (if you know what I mean ;) ) modelling in Malaysia for major magazines. And you have managed to do it all with so much grace and integrity! You truly are an inspiration to me, and somehow you have managed to convince me to try my hand at modelling too after I finish my exams in 2 weeks despite the fact that I was so skeptical at first.

Much love.